Hyderabad: Popular consensus is that building a green recovery stimulus, which includes green public investment and the adoption of clean technology or “cleantech” is needed to ensure sustainable and inclusive growth and help India achieve UN Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs). Significantly, green start-ups also have been included in the sunrise industry landscape.
In keeping with this, AIC-IIITH Foundation and EPAM Systems, Inc., a leading digital transformation services and product engineering company, have selected seven startups for the EPAM Social Impact Innovation Program, which aims to support these green startups with an equity-free grant of up to INR 5,00,000 and Incubation Support.
The startups were selected through a rigorous process ending in a pitching session in front of esteemed experts like Naresh Sutravey, Senior Business Analysis Manager and Pramila Kasirajan, Director of Project Management at EPAM India, Sanjay Jesrani CEO and Founder of GO North Ventures, Sreyashee Das, Incubation manager, AIC-Sangam Innovation Foundation, Rennis Joseph, CEO and Founder of Ignis Careers Pvt. Ltd. and Raj Janagam, CEO, AIC-IIITH.
Last year EPAM provided a COVID bridge grant to social startups through AIC-IIITH and helped organizations like Jivoule Biofuels (clean energy), myUDAAN (accessibility tech) and Intech Harness (agritech) with resources needed to survive the pandemic.
Emphasizing the significance and timely nature of the program, Prof. Ramesh Loganathan, Director of AIC-IIITH said, “Supporting the Green Tech revolution is essential to help India secure a foothold in the Fourth Industrial Revolution and help us fight the climate crisis. We at AIC-IIITH are proud to be contributing to the same.” Till date AIC-IIITH has run 5 cohorts and supported 38+ startups with incubation support and INR 2+ Cr of funding. AIC-IIITH’s startups are solving pressing challenges in sectors like agriculture, education, accessibility, waste management and created 300+ jobs.
The key highlights of this year’s program include milestone-based grant support of up to INR 5 lakhs,incubation support, business coaching and access to IIIT-Hyderabad’s technology expertise. Startups will also be able to leverage expertise and resources of Centre for Innovation and Entrepreneurship (CIE), IIITH’s Deep-tech incubator. CIE is one of the oldest TBI in the country and has supported over 200+ startups with incubation support and INR 6+ Cr of funding.
“We are delighted to support this initiative again to help bring about positive social change and provide unique opportunities for start-up communities to contribute towards sustainability and drive climate action,” said Shamilka Samarasinha, Global Head of Corporate Social Responsibility at EPAM Systems, Inc. “Thank you to all of the amazing startups who submitted an entry as well as the seven chosen organizations. Together, we are making a difference to help India achieve their UN Sustainable Development Goals 2030.”
The selected startups are working to help India combat various environmental challenges through tech innovations and entrepreneurial risk-taking. These startups are:
- MedCuore Medical Solutions Pvt. Ltd is developing a patent-pending green-indoor air purifier (completely recyclable) integrated with a smart monitor controlled by an AI-IOT app to give specific data that are much more relevant.
- Green Trek Research and Development Pvt. Ltd is helping reduce CO2 emissions and gasses by recycling steel waste.
- Greenovate Solutions Pvt. Ltd is developing carbon capture & utilization technology to help the chemical & petroleum industries meet their carbon emission reduction targets and become net-zero.
- MuddleArt Pvt. Ltd provides customized pre-consumer textile waste management solutions aimed to bridge gaps in the supply chain and integrate informal waste workers into the workforce and facilitate a circular economy.
- Zodhya Technologies Pvt. Ltd offers a device that reduces energy costs with ZERO operational changes using an AI-based algorithm.
- Envoprotect LLP provides technology to harness waste to energy by recycling plastic waste generated from paper mills to build a healthier and low carbon footprint circular economy.
- Panjurli Labs Pvt. Ltd is a manufacturer of commercial and residential air purifying equipment, dust collectors and a wide range of other products.