Hyderabad is gearing up for upcoming holy month of Ramadan to serve delicious Haleem to thousands of people everyday. Ramadan crescent is likely to be spotted on 6th June evening, marking the start of the fasting from following day.
Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC), held a meeting with Haleem traders, to ensure people enjoy Haleem while not facing any health, safety and other related issues.
In the meeting at Panwar Hall, chaired by deputy mayor of GHMC Baba Fasihuddin, various aspects of Haleem preparation, hygiene, and safety measures were discussed.
In addition, the meeting was attended by medical officers from veterinary department, and food controllers and inspectors.
The Haleem traders also put forwarded their demand for sales tax exemption during Ramadan on Haleem, and late hours operations. Deputy mayor Baba Fasihuddin assured the demands would be forwarded to the government and city police.
Following instructions were issued to Haleem Traders by the GHMC:
- Establishment of Battis in safe place only, not on top of the hotel floors and also it shall not create any traffic problems.
- Procurement of meat from slaughter house only which have commenced.
- Quality ingredients shall be used.
- Hygiene to be maintained at all levels
- Fire safety measures to be taken
- Ensure for proper disposal of the wastage with proper covers & handover only to tippers
- They shall not preserve the Haleem not use next day. If any remain unsold such shall be distributed free of cost to the poor on the same day or dispose the remaining.
- The Hon’ble Dy. Mayor, GHMC has told to the traders that, the officials of GHMC will inspect the Haleem Preparatory trades and if any trade found with the battis on top floors such trades will be seized immediately.
Some of those participated in the meeting were: Pista House, Shah Ghouse, Café Bahar & Restaurant, New Paradise Hotel, Hotel Shadab, Hotel Sarvi, Paradise, Almdullah Hotel, Y2K Restaurant, Ali Café, Sherton Hotel, Prince Hotel, Srinkanya Curry Point, Himalaya Hotel, Iqbal Café, Gulzar Hotel, Rumaan Hotel, Grand Bavarchi, Master Chef, and Green Bavarchi.