A group of NGOs in Hyderabad have joined forces to understand climate change with a focus on local issues. They have planned Hyderabad Climate Change Summit 2015: Global Acts, Local Impacts & Way Forward?
The climate change summit will be held from 2pm to 5.30pm on Tuesday at Sundarayya Vigyana Kendram, Baghlingampally, Hyderabad.
It is organized by Hum-Hyderabadi: A Movement, Save Our Urban Lakes (SOUL), National Alliance Of Peoples’ Movements (NAPM)-Telangana, and Energy Conservation Mission (ECM).
“Each one of us now and those to come in future are affected with climate change. Hence, each one of us now need to participate, voice out and work on reversing climate change, as an obligation,” they have noted.
- Understanding Climate Change with a focus on Local issues, followed by an open discussion and passing of Resolutions.
- This Resolution paper shall be submitted to the State Govt, Central Govt and also to the Paris Climate Change Summit.
- Introduction and Anchor: Ms Saraswati Kavula (Farmer & Film-maker)
- Opening cultural program – Slam poetry on Climate Change by Aarcha & Team
- Sand art representing Climate Change Impacts by Harikrishna
- Global warming and Energy Etiquettes: Sagar Dhara (Energy Expert)
- Climate change and Urbanisation: Dr. Babu Rao (Former Chief Scientist, IICT)
- Energy conservation and efficiency: Engr. PN Rao (Energy Conservation Mission)
- Status of Forests in Telangana, issues of Deforestation – Imran Siddiqui (Conservationist – Wildlife and forests)
- Change of land use: Context of Water bodies & Wetlands – Dr. Lubna Sarwath (SOUL)
- Agriculture and Climate Change: Dr. Donthi Narasimha Reddy (Agriculture Consultant)
- Followed by Open discussion and Signing of Resolutions
For more details, contact at this mobile number: +91- 996 300 2403.