Home / News / CM KCR announces 10 per cent reservation for EWS
Chief Minister K. Chandrashekhar Rao
Chief Minister K. Chandrashekhar Rao

CM KCR announces 10 per cent reservation for EWS

Hyderabad: Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrashekhar Rao has announced the acceptance of the State Government to introduce 10% reservations in the State for Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) on Thursday.

The Chief Minister announced that in two or three days, a high-level meeting would take place and orders to that effect would be issued.

“There is a need to implement a 10 percent reservation for EWS in education and employment, even as the government continues with the existing reservations for different sections of society,” he said, adding that with the 10 percent reservation for EWS and the current 50 percent reservation for other weaker sections, the overall reservations will increase to 60 percent. (INN)

About HYM Staff

Check Also

Workshop on employability skills begins at MANUU

Hyderabad: A week-long online workshop on “Employbility Skills” for students of Maulana Azad National Urdu …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *