Hyderabad Youth Mirror (HYM) Essay Writing Competition – 2015
[Update: HYM Essay Writing Competition Results will be announced on July 15th, 2015. Stay tuned!]
There are times when, during our life journey, we dream for special future of our beloved city. Now it’s time to share your thoughts for shaping a better future for your city.
HYM is organizing a motivational essay writing contest on “MyCity, MyDream”. Participate in this inspirational essay competition that is open for young students studying at intermediate, degree or PG level in any college/university located within the city limits [read HMDA limits]. The competition is open for students from all streams/courses.
Good news! You need to write your essay in the comfort of your home and send it to our email address. So, it’s a big chance for young people to express their unique dreams towards their city i.e. Hyderabad.
Since its inception, HYM has been making attempts to bring social awareness and trying to keep the young minds away from evil. Of course, today’s young and dynamic minds are vital for better future. Keeping this in mind, HYM has decided to conduct an essay writing test to consider their creative thoughts, advices, and inspirational aims towards the society in order to promote peaceful and sustainable development.
We welcome all bright & talented young aspirants to take part in this contest and share their dreams about the city. Your ideas may transform the way we live now! Don’t miss the chance!
Winners & Prizes
The HYM team will visit your college premises to reward the winners with a certificate and cash prize. The winners are intimated through their contact details, so make sure to give your full details in a clear way.
- First place – Rs.4000 cash prize
- Second place – Rs.3000 cash prize
- Third place – Rs.2000 cash prize
- Fourth place – Rs.1000 cash prize
- Essay should be written in English language only.
- Maximum word limit is 1000.
- Ideas and content should be presented in a clear and concise way.
- Evaluation is based on originality of your ideas and content.
- Duplicated, copy pasted or already published ideas and content will not be entertained.
- Only one essay from one participant.
- Students of intermediate, graduation, and post graduation alone can take part.
- Send your article to firstname.lastname@example.org with heading “HYM Essay Competition”.
- You must provide Full Name, College/University Name, College Address, and Mobile No).
- Last date of receiving essay is 30th June 2015.
- In any case of difference of opinion or dispute, decision of HYM will be final.
- Once submitted, your essay may be published online at our website.
- Note: After consultation with our panel, we have decided to consider Hyderabad Metropolitan Development Authority (HMDA) limits, instead of GHMC, as many some colleges/universities come under HUDA limits. — Editor [Updated: 09:00 AM; 26/06/2015]
The areas under Hyderabad Metropolitan Development Authority (HMDA) includes Rangareddy district, Parts of Mahabubnagar district, Nalgonda district and Medak districts.
16 Mandals in Hyderabad district (entire Hyderabad District)
22 Mandals in Ranga Reddy district – Shamshabad, Rajendranagar, Sherilingampally, Balanagar, Quthubullapur, Malkajigiri, Keesara, Ghatkesar, Uppal, Saroornagar, Medchal, Shameerpet, Hayathnagar, Shankerpally, Chevella, Shahbad, Moinabad, Maheshwaram, Ibrahimpatnam, Manchal, Yacharam, Kandukur.
10 Mandals in Medak district – Patancheru, Ramachandrapuram, Sangareddy, Jinnaram, Hathnoora, Narsapur, Shivampet, Tupran, Wargal, Mulug.
5 Mandals in Nalgonda district – Bhongir, Bibinagar, Bhoodan Pochampally, Bommala Ramaram, Choutuppal.
3 Mandals in Mahboobnagar district – Kothur, Farooq Nagar, Kondurg. (Courtesy: Wikipedia)