University of Hyderabad (UoH or HCU) is gearing up for its XVIII Convocation to be held at 11:00am on October 1, 2016 at the Global Peace Auditorium in Gachibowli, Hyderabad.
Padmashri awardee and NITI Aayog member Dr. Bibek Debroy will deliver the Convocation address as the Chief Guest, said the university. The auditorium is located on ISB Road, Behind JNIDB.
The HCU noted that as many as 1,564 students are graduating this year at the Convocation, including 267 PhDs. It further said that there were 99 medal winners.
University of Hyderabad teachers who will receive the Chancellor’s Award at the Convocation:
- Dr. S. Venugopal Rao, Associate Professor, Advanced Centre of Research in High Energy Materials (ACRHEM) for research in (a) ultrafast spectroscopic techniques for studies on energetic materials and (b) ultrafast photonics.
- Dr. D. Venkateswara Rao, Associate Professor, Dept. of Telugu for research in ‘Literary Criticism, Dalit Literature and Diaspora Literature’.
- Dr. Suresh Yenugu, Assistant Professor, Dept. of Animal Biology for research in Reproductive immunology, immunocontraception and antimicrobials.
- Dr. VVSS Srikanth, Assistant Professor, School of Engineering Sciences & Technology for research in Advanced Nanomaterials for Energy Storage and Environmental Applications.
- Dr. Alok Kumar Mishra, Assistant Professor, School of Economics for research in Financial Economics and Risk Management, Land, Housing, Urban and Transport Economics.