Home / Health / Telangana’s Covid-19 recovery rate crosses 97%

Telangana’s Covid-19 recovery rate crosses 97%

Hyderabad: With 643 individuals recovering from the virus over the last 24 hours, Telangana‘s Covid-19 recovery rate has surpassed 97%, officials said on Sunday.

The state continues to see more healings than new infections are counted regularly. The total number increased to 2,73,013 with the new retrievals.

Telangana’s 97.01 percent recovery rate is higher than the 95.5 per cent national average. During the last 24 hours, the state recorded 592 new positive cases, raising the count to 2,81,414.During the same time three more individuals succumbed to the virus, raising the toll to 1,513.

Compared to the national average of 1.5%, the Covid fatality rate stands at 0.53%.

According to the Chief of Public Health and Family Services, Covid was responsible for 44.96% of deaths, while the remaining 55.04% were due to comorbidities.There are 6,888 active cases in the state now and 4,719 of them are in home or institutional isolation.

Over 90% of beds remained vacant in government-run and private hospitals treating Covid-19 in the state. As many as 7,793 beds were empty out of 8,561 beds available in 61 government hospitals treating Covid.

There were a total of 768 patients in these hospitals receiving care. Similarly, only 1.401 beds were filled in 219 private hospitals treating Covid patients.6,519 out of 7,920 beds were empty.

Greater Hyderabad accounted for 119 of the new cases registered over the last 24 hours. The regular count remained in single or double digits in the districts.

The second highest number of new cases occurred in the district of MedchalMalkajgiri at 70, followed by Rangareddy (57), Warangal Urban (40), Karimnagar (26) and Sangareddyy (20).

Government-run laboratories accounted for 38,250 of the 41,970 tests performed over the last 24 hours, while the remaining 3,720 samples were tested in private labs.

The population ratio per million samples tested increased further to 1,73,107.

As per the World Health Organization (WHO) benchmark of 140 per million per day the daily testing goal for the state is 5,600 per day, officials said.

Nearly 70% (1,96,990) of the estimated 2,80,195 positive cases so far were asymptomatic, while the remaining 30% (84,424) were symptomatic. (INN)

About HYM Staff

Check Also

Chief Minister K. Chandrashekhar Rao

CM KCR tests positive for Covid-19

Hyderabad: Telangana Chief Minister K. Chandrashekhar Rao has been tested Covid-19 positive on Monday. According …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *